Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dedication

I know, it's been awhile since I posted here. I've been dealing with some personal issues, and combined with my usual daily life, has left no time for blogging. And for that, I apologize. I will do my best to resume a motley handful of posts a month from here on out.

One of the reasons I've been so quiet is I sent a partial out last month, and my creative brain has been focused on shaping up the rear end of this novel, and starting the next one in the series. I also took a break as I moved into a new place.

Now that I'm fairly well settled into my new routine, which involves working out at the gym and eating better, the writing is making its way back in. But let's face it - as much as we write about writing in these blogs, sometimes we just need to write about life. I mean, that's what we as writers do - explain life through the lenses of our books. And if we can get people to understand what makes us passionate, what makes us view a particular slice of life the way we do and get them to sympathize, then we have succeeded as writers.

I have learned more about some areas of life than I cared to in the past few months. However, the raw emotions that go along with life changes are necessary. They remind us that we're human, that we all share a common bond. And it reminds me, as a writer, why I choose to portray life through fiction.

Meanwhile, I've got so much life left to live, so many stories to tell, and things to experience, that I can't wait to have every moment of life. And, I hope, some of those experiences will trickle their way into my writings and touch some reader somewhere.

1 comment:

maria esperanza georgia noel hale said...

Guapita,
All in due time...you are the most dedicated loving person I know.

Peace!