Thursday, July 23, 2009

Less Blogging, More Editing

I've finally kicked myself into gear, and I'm working hard on revisions. I'll have the first pass done by October, then comes the polishing round. I hope to work on polishing while submitting to agents, but given the constant talk of how picky agents and editors are right now, I don't know if that's a good idea. I'll reevaluate my novel when my first pass is done.

Ahh, the ins and outs of the publishing world.

Editing is my bedfellow for the next few months, for myself and my crit buddies. I've loads of projects to keep up on.

I promise to let you know I'm still alive.

1 comment:

Danyelle L. said...

*is good to know you're still alive* O:)

Fate being what it is, I'd probably make sure it's polished before you query. Heh. Yes. Happened to me. I had it as polished as I could get it. Queried. Second agent requested a partial a few days later. Looked at manuscript and saw places I could have polished it better. There was a mad dash to make it so. It might not happen that way, but it's always a good thing to be prepared. :)