Monday, March 16, 2009

Good News

Not the kind you get from the pulpit.

First, I want to congratulate my friend and fellow writer group, uh, groupie, Hope Clark on bagging an agent. What a huge accomplishment. And you earned it, girl. I can't wait to see the Slade stories in print.

Second, my short story "A Taxing Fixation" was selected for Sorcerous Signals' best of 2008 Anthology. Small pom-poms here for me - after receiving the fifth "we love your story but we don't have cash for it" response for Death Rites, I was kind of bummed.

Work on the novel continues. I cut huge swaths into the fabric of my world, and have had to adjust the story accordingly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is amazing. If I had to sell stories, I'd surely give up before anyone bought anything.