Monday, July 28, 2008

We Love Productive Weekends

Another week gone by, only this week is far different than most. I got my extra word goal in over the weekend, which made me quite happy. then I went to work. And then I found out that my good friend was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer.

I'm not going to cry for you, Tommy. I'm going to be there with you cheering you along as you fight it off. You're one of the most dedicated people I know, and if anyone has the strength and vitality to fight off something like this, it's you.

The lesson I learned today is don't wait for tomorrow to make the change. Shoot for the stars now, because you might never get a shot later.

I got to see the first "proof" page of a story I wrote. My first published piece will be out next month, and I can't wait to send my first spam email--I mean, huge cross-post email--to my friends and family. I haven't done as well as I would like keeping several things out on the market, but I figure it's either keep dithering around with the short stories and putting the novels off, or write a novel and tinker with it and the short stories.

I thought I had plenty of drive before; after hearing about my friend's predicament, I'm more determined than ever to finish this story. Otherwise, who's going to tell it?

45,000/90,000

No comments: