Monday, May 26, 2008

*crosses fingers*

Dear Editors,

Please, please finish reading my story and letting me know whether or not you're going to accept it for your publication. I realize you're running behind, as it took you three weeks to answer my query email and we are now two months out of the deadline you gave for responding to submissions.

While I'm very glad you still like it, maybe you shouldn't have re-opened for submissions if you're so far behind? And at this point, I rather have you toss it back at me so I can be positive and resend it out to keep it moving rather than hearing "Almost, but not quite because of _____, sorry" from you in another two months.

This story is what gave me a personal contact at a popular magazine who couldn't buy it simply because they ran out of space/upfront cash.

Sincerely,

Me

No comments: